This lesson will explore the expectations we have around gender, and reinforce the notion that no one should feel confined by these expectations or teased /put down because of them.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS, 2/3
- Big Ideas: Stories and other texts help us learn about ourselves, our families, and our communities.
- Curricular Competencies: Demonstrate awareness/explain the role that story plays in personal, family, and community identity.
- Content: Elements of story, metacognitive strategies.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS, 4/5
- Big Ideas: Exploring stories and other texts helps us understand ourselves and make connections to others and to the world.
- Curricular Competencies: Use personal experience and knowledge to connect to text and deepen understanding of self, community, and world.
- Content: Literary elements, metacognitive strategies.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION, 2/3
- Big Ideas: Our physical, emotional, and mental health are interconnected.
- Curricular Competencies: Identify personal skills, interests, and preferences and describe how they influence self-identity.
- Content: Factors that influence self-identity.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION, 4/5
- Big Ideas: Understanding ourselves and the various aspects of health helps us develop a balanced lifestyle.
- Curricular Competencies: Describe and assess strategies for responding to discrimination, stereotyping, and bullying. Describe factors that positively influence mental well-being and self-identity.
- Content: Factors that influence self-identity, including body image and social media.